Join us – we have vacancies!
Africa Inland Mission currently is seeking experienced adult or child psychiatrists, and psychologists and therapists for our centres in both Nairobi and Kampala. Come work with us. We especially need mental health clinicians for a year or for much longer – and help us respond better to those who need our services. With the pandemic we have adjusted to doing far more Zoom sessions but continue face-to-to face sessions when local conditions allow.
All the counsellors at Tumaini are members of their respective missions as well as professionally qualified and licensed in their field. There is a dual application process: to AIM or another mission organization, and also to Tumaini Counselling Centre.
Further details about our vacancies and information concerning the application process can be downloaded here: Tumaini Counselling Centre Clinical Staff vacancies 9-2021
Sometimes people who are considering applying to work at Tumaini come and visit us for a few days, perhaps combining this with a short-term mission experience in Africa. You are welcome to enquire, understanding that our capacity to host guests is limited.
Please feel free to communicate directly with Roger at email@example.com for further information.
Short-term placements at Tumaini
AIM has a variety of schemes that enable people to come on short-term mission trips. Please see AIM’s main website for general information.
Qualified psychiatrists and other mental health clinicians or counsellors are welcome to contact us about the possibility of working with us short-term, but please note that, because of the time it takes to build a case load and then finish counselling, it is not feasible to do counselling work here for just a few months.
Tumaini does occasionally accept clinicians in training, depending on the number of clinical staff we have, their professional discipline, and their availability to provide clinical supervision.
We recognise that individual circumstances vary, so if you are interested in volunteering at Tumaini but unclear how this information applies to you, please do feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pray for us
We ask you to “help us by your prayers” (2 Corinthians 1:11):
- Praise the Lord for the work he has accomplished in the lives of many hundreds of missionaries through the work of Tumaini, over the last 30 years since it was founded in 1991.
- Ask God for increasing insight for our counselling staff as they address a significant variety of personal needs.
- Ask God for ongoing protection and provision for the Tumaini facilities and employed staff.
- Ask God for clear and Spirit-directed vision for the future ministry of AIM Care as we seek to better support missionaries working in other parts of Africa.
- Ask God to bring His chosen clinicians to work at Tumaini in Nairobi and Kampala.
- Ask God for sufficient finance to be able to do his work well.